Governments of all levels need turn-key, extensible sites. To reach people today: a government program needs to have a solid presence online. Rather than chase the latest trends, follow the best practices. Rather than guess, carry out focused audience research. Drupal is a key framework for sound information architecture on all front and on all levels. More than structurally sound, a site needs high performance website that makes the most of a powerful and flexible content management system (CMS). Drupal offers a design that is easy to update, easy to manage, interactive, smart and totally responsive.
Localization; Canadian jurisdictions commonly need bilingual sites with the potential need to localize their connect for users from a variety of cultures beyond Canada’s anglophone and francophone audiences.
User roles: In setting up a site, the one application and body of contents needs to be accessible by different audiences: the general public, service users, governmental staff and non-governmental stakeholders.
Input forms: Drupal allows users to input data directly into the system gated by workflow and user access rules. Content revisions can be retained. Editing histories gives content managers what they need.
Responsive design: our recommended Drupal themes are responsive -- mobile and tablet ready.
Low bandwidth solutions: not every user is on a good data connection. Remote areas can see poor bandwidth. If your audience is spread through a remote region, your website needs to factor bandwidth into the user experience to give all users the best experience possible.
Metadata friendly: our deployments add in metadata to all sites. The goal is to make the services succeed and metadata is one means of exposure. We feel really strong about the virtue of using good metadata. We don’t advertise. If you found this page, it was likely through our efforts to populate our own content with useful metadata that search engines use to curate content.
Interactive reporting: The Views module for Drupal builds powerful reports. Input filters for reports give control to the users. Those filters can be saved as URLs for later use, sharing and caching.
Drupal offers a sophisticated data model that allows for revisions and localization in the same model.
While Drupal is built for MySQL and Linux based servers like Apache, Litespeed and Nginx, Drupal can be deployed on Microsoft platforms (eg. IIS 6, IIS 7 and IIS 8). It can use a SQL Server database. Drupal’s Views outputs SQL statements that can be used to generate SQL Server data views or form the foundation of stored procedures.
A true Drupal solution is the best way to leverage all of the functionality possible with the content management system, but that’s not the only route to deployment. Drupal can used as the foundation of a hybrid application. Drupal can integrate with other applications via API calls. Drupal can pass of its interactions to another application through a customer application (more). Drupal is an excellent foundation for your web based project.What would working with Shawn DeWolfe Consulting promise:
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in web design and application development. Twenty years of experience in building content management tools from the early days of the web.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and industry accepted best practices.
- Social media integration and advice on what platform suits the audience and the objectives of the program.
- Experience with responsive designs for mobile, tablet and other mediums.
- Output of website content in other forms and for other purposes (e.g. API output for machine-to-machine interactions).
- Integration with other applications and technologies (eg. Google services, replication in other websites, storage in AWS, receipt of data from other services).
- Expert use of Drupal modules in site developments.
- Custom module development in Drupal 7. A history of module development in Drupal 4.7, 5, and 6.
- Migration of code from previous versions of Drupal and other applications into current Drupal applications.
- A background in nonfiction writing and public speaking: making technology clear and easy to understand.