IRAP Funding Proposal
This was handed off to the business people for submission in 2011.
Canada’s NRC runs the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). It provides financial support to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada to help them undertake technology innovation.In order to be considered for possible IRAP funding, the basic eligibility criteria are:
- be a small and medium-sized enterprise in Canada, incorporated and profit-oriented;
- have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees; and
- have the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.
- the business and management capabilities of the firm and the company's potential to achieve the expected results and outcomes associated with the proposed project;
- the financial capabilities of the firm and its plan to commercialize the developed technologies; and
- the technical aspects of the project and its potential impact on the firm.